67 Video Marketing Statistics That Prove You Need A Corporate Video
In past blogs, I’ve talked a lot about the different kinds of video marketing that are available to businesses. Video is huge, there’s no way around it. If you’re not utilizing video for your business, you’re missing out on huge potential revenue possibilities. And my suggestion is that you get on board now, because it’s only getting bigger from here with AR, VR, and interactive video coming down the pipeline.
So far, I’ve only used video marketing statistics as supporting references to the blogs, but this time we’re going for a different, direct approach. Prepare to be hit with all the video marketing statistics about why it’s so important to use digital video than you ever thought you’d need. But this is intentional. If you aren’t entirely convinced that you need digital video marketing by the end of this, I don’t know what else to tell you. Many of these figures are mind-blowing, from video consumption to actual numbers on ROI increases due to video usage.
So buckle up and enjoy as we make our way through the video marketing statistics that prove you need corporate video.
All Around Statistics
- The human brain is powerful. So is video. And the human brain can process video 60,000 times faster than text.
- On a related note, viewers retain 95% of the content that is absorbed from a video, compared to only about 10% when read in text. (Source: Insivia)
- By the end of this year, global internet traffic from consumers watching video will make up 80% of all consumer-based internet traffic. (Source: SmallBizTrends)
- By 2020, that number will increase a further 2% to 82%. (Cisco)
- 85% of consumers mentioned they’d like to see more video marketing from brands this year. (Wyzowl)
- Mobile consumption of YouTube video doubles every single year. (Hubspot)
- 55% of people watch videos online every single day (Digital Information World)
- 80% of all consumers remember a video ad they watched in the past month. If that’s not a vote for using video marketing, I don’t know what is. (Hubspot)
- More video content gets created and uploaded every month than the amount of content produced and aired on the major television networks in the past thirty years. (Insivia)
- Over a third of all activity spent online is dedicated to watching video.
- The best length for online marketing videos is a sweet spot that goes up to about two minutes. Anything longer than that and retention begins to drop. (Wistia)
- 2017—the last full year of statistics—saw a massive 17% increase in video viewing.
- Almost a third of the people on the internet globally are also YouTube users.
- When video marketing is used in an email, it leads to a substantial 200-300% increase in click-through rates. (Hubspot)
- If the word “video” is in the subject line, emails are opened an average of 7% more than if it isn’t. (Single Grain)
- Instead of images, try using a thumbnail from the video. This small change increases click-through-rates by 21%. (Wistia)
Product Or Service Marketing
- A reported 25% of consumers lose interest in a company or brand if there isn’t any video marketing.
- When it comes to making a decision about a product or service, 9 out of 10 consumers say video helps them with their choice.
- 64% of users are more likely to purchase a product online after watching a video about it.
- 87% of online marketers use video content. ( Outbrain)
- In the United States alone, digital video marketing is valued at well over one hundred billion dollars. (Forbes)
- Enjoyable video ads increase purchasing intent by consumers by an amazing 97%. (Strategic-IC)
- Marketing lead costs drop by 19% for business who use online video marketing. (Aberdeen)
- More than 8 out of every 10 B2C businesses reports that video marketing has become their most valuable way of promoting their product or service. (Content Marketing Institute)
Social Media Video
- Videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than photos, and three times more likely than GIFs. (Twitter)
- Social media marketing videos receive the highest click-through rate of any form of social advertising at an average 1.84% click-through rate.
- There are an average of 8 billion video views on Facebook every single day. (Social Media Today)
- That adds up to about 100 million hours of video being watched daily on Facebook alone. (Tech Crunch)
- LinkedIn is also on the rise, up 17% for video ad consumption from last year.
- While only about a third of marketers are currently advertising video on LinkedIn, more than half of them say it’s successful and plan on pushing it further. (Hubspot)
- Almost two-thirds of social media users report watching more video than they did last year. (Tubular Insights)
- Branded video content viewing has increased 258% for Facebook and 99% on YouTube up to the mid-point of last year. (Tubularinsights).
- Two-thirds of online marketers say that out of all social media, Facebook has the biggest impact. (Animoto)
- Video posts on Facebook have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts. (Learn more)
- Twitter is also powerful – 82% of users use the platform to watch video. (More)
- Facebook leads the way with consumer engagement for video ads at (49%), followed by YouTube (32%), then Instagram (24%). (Tubular Insights)
- Explainer videos are extremely effective, with 95% of all online consumers viewing that kind of content.
- Consumers retain 95% of a message after watching it in a video, versus only 10% when reading it in text.
- When it comes to “getting” a product or service, 97% of video marketers reported that video increased user understanding.
- The top three most effective video types are product demo videos (49%), tutorial videos (50%), and customer testimonial videos (51%).
- Explainers, Product Demos, How-Tos and Testimonials are the four most popular types of product videos. (Vidyard)
Mobile Video Statistics
- More than half of all video content consumed is watched on a mobile device.
- Mobile also makes sharing video content especially easy, with 92% of consumers doing so. (Virtuets)
- 93% of Twitter videos are watched on mobile. (Twitter)
- Mobile phone video content consumers should reach 175 million by next year, with 18 to 24-year-olds currently watching 36 minutes of video on their smartphones per week. (Statista)
- When it comes to Instagram, 41% of marketers have used marketing video. Of those who used it, three-quarters found it to be an effective strategy. (Wyzowl)
- Companies using video enjoy 41% more web traffic from search than non-users (SmallBizTrends)
- Want to jump to the top of search results? Adding video to your site increases your chance of getting on the front page of a Google search result by fifty times. (Forrester)
- Businesses that use video marketing reported a 76% increase in traffic.
- Companies who utilized video marketing grew 49% faster in revenue than those who didn’t last year.
- Three-quarters of businesses reported that video helped them increase sales.
- 84% of consumers reported buying a product after watching video marketing for it. (Neil Patel)
- Over half of marketing professionals globally name video as the type of content with the highest ROI. (Adobe-learn more)
- Three-quarters of B2B marketers state that video positively impacts marketing ROI
- When it comes to effective sharing, video has fantastic results. More than 9 out of every 10 consumer that watches branded video on mobile has shared it with a friend. (RendrFx)
- Getting an explainer video on your social channels means viewers are 10x more likely to engage with you and share your video. (Content Marketing Institute)
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. (SmallBizTrends)
- Make your video engaging. It’s reported that 83% of viewers will consider sharing a branded video with a friend if they enjoyed it.
- Want to hit the sweet spot with your B2B explainer video? Post it between 7am – 11am PST, that’s statistically shown to get the most potential viewing audience and shares. (Vidyard)
Engagement And Conversion
- If you include an explainer video on your landing page (and up near the top, not waaaaay down at the bottom), your chances of increasing conversion jump 80%. (Unbounce)
- When it comes to time, a good range is between: 45 and two minutes. Only 5% of viewers that make it to the one minute mark will stop then, but that number increases to a drastic 60% leave-rate past thetwo-minutee mark.
- For branded content videos, an average of about a third of all viewers will stick around to the end.
- Mid-week, especially Wednesday, is the best statistical time to post a B2B video.
- Almost all consumers (95%) believe a video should be less than two minutes long.
- When given a choice between video and text on a product information page, almost three-quarters of consumers will go with the video.
- You have a 53% better chance of getting your page to the top of the search results if you have video on it.
- Once the person is on your page, almost 90% of them will stay longer than if you have text alone.
- Most marketers (80%) agree, saying video increases time spent on a site. (Hubspot)
Whew. That was a lot of numbers. My eyes are all crossed and I can’t see straight. But I think the point has been made. Video is the present, and the future for online video marketing. Bandwidth is getting wider. Audiences around the world are becoming more able to access video content. And then there’s the simple fact that people would much rather watch an engaging video about your business than read paragraphs about it. All of these factors combined should make it obvious that if you’re not doing video marketing yet, you’re not promoting your business right in the 21st century.
Of course, that’s what we’re here for. Our expert team has made hundreds of videos for clients around the globe, and we’re ready and available to talk with you, discover your needs, and help you come up with a gameplan to create incredible branded video content that will put you at the top of the digital media marketing world. Contact us any time. We’re always happy to talk and answer any questions you may have.