The First Thing a Visitor to Your Site Should Experience Should Be the Most Engaging
We live in a world where if you should grab someone’s attention fast with compelling content, otherwise you’ll be tuned out with the rest of the noise. That’s where a landing page video comes in.
Landing Page Videos Starting at $2500
People’s attention spans are shorter than ever. You’ve got less than 10 seconds to hook a website visitor in. Text is dry and boring. Pictures work a bit better. But studies show again and again that video works best. It’s even favored for SEO, giving you a head start to catch eyes and increase conversion to sales.
When someone visits your site and they engage with your landing page video, the chances that they’ll stick around are much higher.
Here are a few facts about using video in your online marketing strategy:
- 90% of customers report that videos influence them to buy
- 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it
- Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversation rates by 80%
A landing page video should be the first thing a visitor experiences when they visit your site’s homepage. It should sum up your company and include a call to action that the viewer follows through and takes action with.
Front and Center!
The goal is to capture your target audience’s attention and catch it quick. If visitors need to read or scroll to get to the video, you’ve already lost them. This is why we recommend the video be at the top of your landing page. There should also be a clickable link or next step the visitor can follow through with.
1. Make sure that the homepage video thumbnail is compelling
2. Avoid using autoplay
3. Keep the video short and deliver the key message in the first 10 seconds
4. Ask for action (make sure there’s a clear CTA).
5. Do not focus too much on selling – the video is on the higher end of the sales funnel
6. Make sure that the quality of the video is high. Remember, this will be one of the first experiences a potential customer may have with your company
7. Design around the video. That is, don’t design the rest of your landing page with distractions. Keep visitor focus on the video and let the video provide as much of message as possible.
If you’re ready to take the next step in marketing your company online and create a landing page video, we can help.
Yans Media created homepage videos for companies big and small, from giant corporations like Deloitte and
Contact us to see how we can help meet your online marketing goals.
+374 91 777 689
Book a call