Tips for creating a blockchain video
1. When creating your blockchain explainer video, work with your marketing department or company so that you can plan your ICO announcement alongside it. That way, the information can be shared and you can save on costs by creating a video that can be modified to work for both. You can save up to 40% on end costs this way!
2. Always check with video production agencies to see their past examples. You want to work with someone who has great experience and compare pricing. For reference, here is our list of 30 top agencies you should consider.
3. Research agencies and their availability ahead of time. You want to allow at least 8 weeks to complete a video just to be safe and make sure they have enough time to create good work. You don’t want to show up to an investor pitch with a half-finished video!
4. There is a misconception that a blockchain explainer video needs to always be futuristic or tech-heavy in design. The truth is, the style should be what appeals most to your target audience. For example, in our Laclary video, the audience is regular grocery shoppers, so a natural style works best. For Buglab, the target is the cybersecurity space, so video in a more futuristic style is definitely appropriate.
5. Should I create my blockchain video in different languages? Yes. And no. English is fairly universal, but if you do marketing and promotion already in multiple languages, then creating the video in different languages would be a good complement to that. Plan on spending an additional $500-900 per language.
6. If you decide to create a video, do it with a professional company and consider budgeting around $3000. There are many new “template” video creation platforms advertising now, but they will not be custom, and viewers (whether investors or customers) will see right through it. It will make you look cheap, there’s no other way to say it. Your time and money are too important to waste in this area. Your video should be custom created from scratch to fit your brand, your needs, and your target audience!